In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, it is very easy to overlook some of the hidden dangers to our pets. Here are some of the most common hazards that can potentially spoil the most wonderful time of the year.
Tinsel and Ribbon
While not toxic, tinsel is very appealing to pets, especially cats. If swallowed, it can wrap around the intestines, causing a life threatening injury. The same is true of decorative ribbons and bows. If you see your pet trying to pass tinsel or ribbon during the course of a â€œnature breakâ€, DO NOT pull it out, as this can cause further complications. Seek veterinary care immediately.